Destinations for a Winter Honeymoon
If you decide to celebrate your wedding in winter, your honeymoon options may seem rather limited. Take a look at these places before deciding.
Honeymoons in winter open a new range of destinations that any couple who have already booked their wedding venue should know.
- If you are an athletic couple, why not travel to distant, new ski slopes? From the Swiss Alps to the hills of Aspen in the United States. Take advantage of the winter tourism, the snowy landscapes and by night sit by a cosy fireplace in a mountain hotel.
- If you prefer to discover a new culture, we recommend a journey through Lapland, in Finland, an area with few inhabitants, including a heavily bearded Santa Claus. Travel for part of the journey by snowmobile or sled and live out this unique experience. Make sure to bundle up!
- Winter cruises are not against the odds. To see unique landscapes and enjoy nature from the sea, a cruise through the Fjords of Norwaywill be an unforgettable honeymoon. In addition, you will see very different places than you are used to seeing in the city.
Photo by Celtic Travel Services
- For the more romantic couples out there, we propose a route through European cities, namely Paris, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Rome, Venice, etc. In winter you will get a completely new outlook on these places as opposed to when they are full of summer tourists.
- And why not try something completely new and hop on a honeymoon train. Let yourselves be carried away by the gentle rattle and relax to the beautiful countryside landscapes.
- You can also take this opportunity to go to Australia, New Zealand or Argentinasince the seasons are different.
If you don't want to go somewhere cold and want to relax on the beach, you can find unbeatable prices in this low season. Either way, choose the honeymoon of your dreams and whatever you choose, enjoy it to the fullest.
Photo 1 & 2: Travel Counselors
Photo 3: Celtic Travel Services
Other articles that may be of interest to you
Planning the honeymoon
Monica Lorraine24 02 11
All brides and grooms want their honeymoon to be the trip of their life. Don't forget, it's the first time you'll be together somewhere as...
weddingspot.co.uk11 04 11
Today we'll show you a country that you should consider when choosing where to go for your honeymoon: Vietnam. The beaches, food and scenery...
Planning the honeymoon
weddingspot.co.uk10 03 11
Are you sure you have everything ready for your honeymoon? So that your honeymoon is truly relaxing, you need to plan it in advance and pay...
Monica Lorraine24 02 111 comment
Beach or mountain? Relax or adventure? Europe or somewhere on the other side of the Atlantic? The are a multitude of honeymoon destinations,...