Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding
All dates can be great for your wedding, but if you are romantic by nature, there is no better date than February 14. So today we bring you some ideas for decorating a wedding on Valentine's Day.
They say that February is the month of love. Not surprisingly, it is the month we celebrate Valentine's Day, the most romantic time of the year. So whether you marry on February 14th, or any other date this month, why not let your wedding be inspired by Valentine's Day? If you like the idea, here are some tips.
- Hearts are essential for a wedding inspired by Valentine's Day. You can make cones with heart shaped confetti inside for your guests to throw at you when the ceremony is finished.
- You can also use the hearts for the seating cards. If you are crafty and don't have too many guests, you can make them yourself. All you need to do is draw a heart on some nice card stock with the colours or design you want and cut out the heart. Make a slit in the paper with some scissors so that you can slide each seating card on the guests' wine glasses where they will be sitting. If you want, you can find them already made in craft shops, along with some great heart shaped stationery.
- Heart-shaped balloons can be tied to chairs for a festive look, or to decorate the cocktail area. The heart-shaped balloon theme can be topped off with a heart balloon release outside. Give each guest a balloon and make sure your photographer is ready to snap the shot as everyone releases their balloon.
- Garlands of hearts are also perfect for decorating a wedding inspired by Valentine's Day. You can make them yourself with some string and cut-out hearts in different colours according to your theme, or some red with white and silver for a classic, romantic effect. For a rustic, vintage look, use newspaper or burlap fabric for your heart cut-outs.
- Red is a must for your Valentine's Day wedding, either in the chair sashes, tablecloths, or as table centrepieces from the flowers to table scatter crystals. Red roses are the most classic choice. You can modernise it by adding pink or orange tones.
- For the table numbers you can use cupid silhouettes and write the numbers on them or name the tables after your favourite poems or use romance movie posters to label the tables.
- Finally, don't forget to add a touch of Valentine's Day to your wedding cake and sweetie table if you choose to have one.
Other articles that may be of interest to you
weddingspot.co.uk16 10 11
Autumn is the perfect season to add the personal touch to your wedding memorabilia. Why not try some of these ideas to add some autumnal...
Laura Warby15 01 10
Flowers have their own language that in days gone by helped to express feelings without having to use words. It’s a tradition that dates...
weddingspot.co.uk7 12 11
As most aspects of a wedding, toppers have come a long way in the past few years and now the sky really is the limit when you choose how to...
weddingspot.co.uk8 04 11
Wedding invitations are much more than an announcement of your wedding to friends and family. They are your ambassadors, a preview of what...