Unique Flowers for Your Wedding Bouquet
Choosing your wedding bouquet can be fun but also daunting, with so many beautiful flowers out there, how to decide! Let us give you the low-down on some more exotic blooms.
The bouquet is an essential bridal accessory, and choosing it is really fun. It is a key element to your look, and must also reflect the theme of the wedding, your personal style and the colour scheme. Traditional flowers like roses, tulips and lilies are still popular, but some people may want to go for something more unusual or even exotic. Let's have a look at some options.
- Hyacinth A spring blooming bulb flower, this bloom is seldom used because of its colour- deep purple, although it can come in a variety of pinks and whites too. It makes a striking bouquet when combined with other strong colours, and its texture makes it robust, so it will not wilt easily. Its delicious fragrance will lift your spirits.
- Greens Why not make a bouquet purely from foliage? For tropical look papyrus, areca palm leaves or any other exotic foliage, tied and bound in a creative display. For winter a display of fir branches, holly and ivy, cedar and aspen twigs.
- Sunflowers They are the epitome of happiness, with the radiant colour and carefree associations. Bold and vibrant, they scream modern, fun loving bride. Alone or in a bouquet of mini sunflowers, your bouquet will be unique.
Photo by Bridal Flowers Direct
- Birds of paradise A tropical classic with it's green, orange red and purple bird-like appearance. Use singly for a striking effect.
- Herbal A herbal posy can be made for a rustic or vintage wedding, primarily with lavender but any aromatic herb will do, such as rosemary or eucalyptus. In the same theme, for a country wedding you could pick local wild-flowers and tie them in a loose bouquet with some rustic twine for a very natural and earthy look.
Photo by Kendalls Florist
Photo 1: Grandiflora
Photo 2: Bridal Flowers Direct
Photo 3: Willow Bespoke Flower Design
Photo 4: Kendalls Florist
Other articles that may be of interest to you
Monica Lorraine2 08 11
Monique L'Huillier has launched their 2012 bridal collection, featuring a range of short wedding dresses and full wedding ball gowns.
weddingspot.co.uk13 06 11
Civil weddings are not the same as religious ones and each has its ideal wedding dress style. If you are having a civil ceremony and have...
Monica Lorraine21 03 11
Bridal accessories add a personal touch to the bride's complete look. Rosa Clará has launched a new and dazzling collection of bridal...
weddingspot.co.uk10 11 11
Among all the dress accessories, your shoes are probably what could make your day a misery if you don't choose them well. You may only wear...