Alexandra Posted 14/11/2012 12:40
Have you ever considered a winter wedding? Even though it is not the usual season to get married, it has many advantages and a unique atmosphere to go with it. See if our winter wedding ideas convince you!
A scenic snow covered valley for your very own photo shoot, a roaring log fire at the wedding reception, hot chocolate for dessert... winter weddings are anything but lacking in charm.
As well as this, you will find that tasks such as booking a photographer, venue or church will be made a whole lot easier at the time of year.
Still not convinced? Read on!
- All I want for Christmas is... you! What better Christmas present than your spouse?! This is the time of year to appreciate family, and none more than your new one.
- Take advantage of all the lovely decorations available: fairy lights, poinsettias, pine-cones... its so atmospheric.
- A range of lovely winter colours to inspire your wedding theme: deep red, rich green, crisp white, and of course gold and silver (there can never be too much of this at Christmas time!).
- There are many lovely seasonal flowers around in the winter, most of all Calla Lilies, Anemones, Amaryllis and the simple and elegant Cosmos flowers. Don't forget all that lovely winter foliage like holly, ivy and mistle toe.
- Eat, drink and be merry! A winter menu goes down a treat during ther season of feasting, don't forget to warm the guests with some mulled wine and mince pies.
Lastly, don't forget that daylight is limited in the winter, so a morning wedding followed by a wedding breakfast would be ideal. Enjoy!
1 comment in "Winter Weddings"
Other articles that may be of interest to you
weddingspot.co.uk29 11 20112 comments
We have all heard of the 'children at weddings dilemma', but what about pets? Are they welcome? If so, where should they be during the...
weddingspot.co.uk15 11 2011
Vanessa and Nicolas got married two summers ago in Alsacia, the birth place of the bride. They chose to celebrate their wedding in the...
weddingspot.co.uk2 11 2011
Michael and Nicole are a lovely couple from Scotland, but with their hearts firmly in Italy, the place where they first met. They decided to...
weddingspot.co.uk1 11 2011
Even though wedding season is traditionally in summer, autumn is a beautiful season with much to offer. Take advantage of the glowing light...