*Tutorial by Bodas Deluxe
You are bound to have seen these on many blog sites; they are pretty, elegant, cheerful and very decorative. We are talking about tissue paper pompoms. If you like how they look and are thinking about using them for your wedding decorations then take note, because today we are going to explain how to make them step by step.
- 8 sheets of tissue paper
Step by step:
- Pile all eight sheets of tissue paper, one on top of the other and place them on a table or flat surface.
- Fold them, starting at one of the thinner ends in the form of a fan or accordion. The folds should be about two or three fingers wide.
- Once folded, join the two ends in order to find the centre. We take a piece of thread and tie it around the centre, leaving a long enough piece of thread to be able to hang the pompom from the ceiling. Depending on the decoration, instead of using thread, we can use wire, coloured ribbon, lace or any other material that comes to mind.
- So that the pompoms look even prettier, cut the edges so that they are rounded or triangular, whatever you like most.
- Now it is time for the most delicate stage, opening the pompom. Separate each of the tissue paper layers.
- Once opened, you can hang it using the piece of thread that we have left over for this purpose.
- The pompoms are very delicate: so that they don't get damaged, they should be hung straight away. If you leave them on the floor or against any other surface, they well become squashed.
- If you are thinking about using them to decorate the place for the reception, take them already prepared but unopened. Do it with plenty of time because although they are easy to make, they are quite time consuming.
- You can make them in different sizes and in colours to match the decoration.
- To create an original effect, you can use sheets of different colours to make a pompom. The result is really fun.
Photo 1: Arberas Ruso